Who is the Internet Society?
The Internet Society is a global cause-driven organization governed by a diverse Board of Trustees that is dedicated to ensuring that the Internet stays open, transparent and defined by you.
Our Singapore Chapter was approved by the global organization of the Internet Society in June 2011.
Some of our Activities
- Organizing events and opportunities that bring people together to share insights and opinions
- Providing reliable information and educational opportunities that include training workshops
- Engaging policy, governance, technology, and development issues
Our Singapore Chapter Objectives
- To advance and promote the use of the Internet and its associated technologies and applications, as a means of enabling organisations, professions, and individuals worldwide to more effectively collaborate, cooperate, and innovate in their respective fields and interests in Singapore.
- To deliver a wide range of Internet educational initiatives
- To promote the expansion of Internet access at all levels of the local community
- To provide forums for professional networking and knowledge sharing.
- To promote recruitment and job market development in local technology industries
- To develop and lead the expansion of broad community access and infrastructure development.
The Chapter is established as a non-profit organisation under the laws of Singapore.
We welcome comments and feedback. If you are interested in getting involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.